Please note: All in-person workshops are cancelled until further notice.
Please call the Family Health Intake Line at 613-735-9774 (direct line) or 1-800-267-1097 ext. 589 (toll-free) from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday for any questions or concerns, or to schedule a Parent Child Wellness Clinic appointment.
RCDHU is now offering by appointment Parent Child Wellness Clinics. Spend one-on-one time with a Public Health Nurse and get support as well as answers to your questions about feeding, sleeping, crying and other parenting inquiries. Clinics are open to families with children age zero to transition to school.
- Pembroke (RCDHU Main Office) – Parent Child Wellness Clinic
- Renfrew (EarlyON® Centre) – Parent Child Wellness Clinic
- Arnprior (EarlyON® Centre) – Parent Child Wellness Clinic
For more information and to book an appointment:
- call: the Family Health Intake Line at 613-735-9774 (direct line) or 1-800-267-1097 ext. 589 (toll-free), or
- email: email@example.com.
Healthy Babies Healthy Children Program
The Healthy Babies Healthy Children (HBHC) program is a free home-visiting program for people that are expecting and new parents with a child up to transition to school who need additional support with:
- prenatal health care;
- preparing for a new baby;
- building strong relationships;
- feeding a toddler;
- managing a child’s behaviour;
- being a positive parent; and
- connecting to helpful services in Renfrew County and District.
Skilled Public Health Nurses, Social Workers and Home Visitors visit with parents and their family at home. The visits can be arranged Monday to Friday during business hours (08:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.). The number of visits and the length of each visit will depend on individual needs.
To inquire about participating in the HBHC program and complete the required screening for eligibility, you can:
- complete the online Healthy Babies Healthy Children Self-Referral Form;
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- call: the Family Health Intake Line at 613-735-9774 (direct line) or 1-800-267-1097 ext. 589 (toll-free).
For health care providers, complete the online Healthy Babies Health Children Referral Form for Service Providers.