PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING TO THE BOOKING SITE
Before Booking Your Appointment:
Please make sure you are eligible for your COVID-19 vaccination:
- Eligible residents must wait 84 days after their 2nd COVID-19 vaccine to get their 3rd dose.
- Check your eligibility to see if you qualify for a shorter wait time.
- RCDHU’s website, (https://www.rcdhu.com/) and links within the booking system can help you to understand your eligibility. The booking system links are described in the next section.
- If you book an appointment but you are not eligible, you will be turned away at the clinic.
To continue on to the booking site, click here:
COVID-19 & Influenza Vaccine Bookings
1)If you have previously created an account in this booking system, you can login and then book your vaccination appointments (go to step 5).
2) If you are new to this booking system, you will first create an account by providing as much information as possible.
- Date of birth – it MUST be in dd/mm/yyyy format
- Phone number
- Address information
- OHIP number
- Email address (yours or a family member’s if you don’t have one)
- And you will need to create your own password
Note: The information collected will only be used by assigned staff at the Arnprior Family Health Team and the Renfrew County and District Health Unit for the purpose of managing vaccination appointments. This information is not shared with any external parties.
3) Once you click on “Create Account”, an email will be sent to the email address that you provided. This is to validate your email address, to protect you from identity theft. You must open this email to validate your email address – otherwise, you will not be able to book an appointment. Most people will get this email right away. If you do not, see Troubleshooting below.
4) Open the validation email, sent by “firstname.lastname@example.org”. Click on the link in that email to validate your email address. After validation, go back to the booking site by clicking the “Login” button.
5) Login to the booking site by entering your username and password.
6) You can book appointments for yourself or for someone else in your family. You will also be able to cancel your appointments, if needed.
7) When booking an appointment:
- Select the reason for your visit (which dose of COVID vaccine, or flu vaccine)
- IMPORTANT – Click on the link to look at the eligibility criteria. Eligibility is based on more than just your age.
IF YOU BOOK AN APPOINTMENT FOR A VACCINATION THAT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR, YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY AT THE CLINC.
- On each page, be sure you are selecting buttons that are labelled with the vaccine that you want to receive (i.e., COVID vs. Flu) and for the appropriate age range (i.e., 5 to 11 vs. 12 and up).
- If you know the date of the clinics, you can use the calendar to select a date. If you do not know the dates, use the green arrows to check each day.
- If you do not find any dates, it may be that all existing clinics are full. More clinics are being added each month. Keep checking back weekly.
- Once you have confirmed a date and time, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you had provided during account creation. If you do not get this email, see Troubleshooting below.
- This booking system has been used in the past by the Renfrew County Virtual Triage Assessment Center (RCVTAC) to allow people to book COVID tests/swabs. If you used your email address for those bookings in the past, you will need to use a different email address to create an account in this new booking system. The new system is a partnership between the RCVTAC system and the Renfrew County and District Health unit, which now allows for vaccination appointments.
- Try using a different email address.
- Validation emails sometimes automatically go to a person’s spam or junk folder. Check in those folders.
- Validation emails are sometimes delayed in an antivirus/quarantine system, especially if you are using a work/organization email address. Check that system or try using a different email address to re-register.
- Most validation emails are received very quickly (within minutes), but there are sometimes delays. If you still do not get the validation email by the following day, try re-registering with a different email address.
- Try copying the link into an internet browser
- Try re-registering
- If you still cannot complete the validation process, call the COVID-19 Vaccine Information Line (See Contact Us below)
- If you have booked an appointment for yourself and for a family member at the same time using the same email address, the system only sends a single confirmation email. If you were able to get through all of the steps to select a date and time and you hit the “Confirm” button when creating both appointments, then both appointment times will be in the booking system, even if you do not get 2 confirmation emails. If you are still unsure, you can call the COVID-19 Vaccination Information Line (see Contact Us below).·
- Use the “FORGOT PASSWORD” button on the main page of the booking system
- Contact the COVID-19 Vaccination Information Line (see Contact Us below)
- Call the COVID-19 Vaccination Information Line (see Contact Us below)
If you are having problems booking an appointment, or if you do not have a computer or internet access to do the online appointment booking, you can call the COVID-19 Vaccination Information Line.
Call volumes are often high, with longer than usual wait times. This is why we encourage everyone who can do so, to use the online booking system first.
Please be patient with the system and with our booking agents. Verbal abuse will not be tolerated and may result in the agent ending the call.
COVID-19 Vaccination Information Line:
- Local – 613-732-9436
- Toll free – 833-773-0004